This class is designed to cover all Basic Pistol and Concealed Carry instruction in a 12 hour time frame, which includes 2-3 hours of range training and qualification plus 9 hrs. Class size is usually small (less than 12 students) to help maximize personal attention from the instructor.
The average total price for completing the Louisiana application for a five-year permit is around $280. That is around $55 per year. The total price consists of $125 for permit fees ($25./yr.), $125 for training fees, $20 for fingerprints, and an estimated $20 for notary. Some applicants may notice their fees increased because of their prior state residency, background history, requests for court records, etc.
- Class/Notary: Cash or Credit card.
- Range Fees, Fingerprints: Cash, credit card, or debit card.
What to Bring:
- Eye and ear protection.
- Your handgun. (If you don't own a firearm, unless there is a pressing need, don't buy one until after the class. You can use one of ours.)
- 36 rounds of ammo. 36 rounds for qualification, which leaves 14 to train. If you think you might need more bring another box of 50. (Also available for purchase before class.)
- Your patience, attention, and questions.